Thursday, July 09, 2009

Death By Chocolate

A man has died in New Jersey after falling into a vat of melting chocolate.

Yep, I'm only writing this so I can use that headline.

= = =

Post Scriptum: A quick Google search and The Mail got in there before me. Another reason to hate the bastards.

14 comments:

BlackLOG said...

A friend once orderd death by chocolate as a dessert. She then complained to the waiter that it was too chocolatey......Doh!

In my book that's almost as bad as buying a bag of nuts with the words "May contain nuts" printed on the outside.

Elmo said...

I used to say I wanted to go peacefully in my sleep when very old, but now......

Mmmm...death.

Radge said...

BlackLOG - She may need to read the fine print in future. And welcome.

Elmo - It's never tasted so good.

Holemaster said...

If only his name was Chip.

Sarah Gostrangely said...

That's it. That is my preferred way to die from here on.

Getting dramatically mown down by a peddle bike is downgraded to number two.

adogwoof said...

You do know how they make Penguin bars, don't you Radge?

Maxi Cane said...

I once found a fly in a strawberry creme Quality Street. I got loads of free sweets.

I wonder what I'd get for finding a whole person.

Radge said...

Loads of free people?

swiss said...

i thought it was a bit of a shame for this poor bloke that it was what he fell into rather than what killed him (the agitator) that gets him noticed. but it did put me in mind of other rather choice industrial accidents i know of such as

- arms severed by industrial paper cutter. notbale not so much by this person removing all the safety gear in order to get their arms into the machine but by the fact that the cut was so clean they sewed them back on and they got a fair degree of use back

- trapped in paper rollers. in both cases workers were cleaning the cat that holds the paper mulch before it gets squeezed out into sheets when some wag switched the machine on. one dead, one lost an arm and a leg. not pretty.

- falling into a vat of molten iron. vapourized before he hit the surface apparently

i could go on and on. the fellow who fell off the scaffolding, anus first onto an upright pole? and the ambulancemen who attended who observed sagely, you'll never eat a kebab the same again

ah yes, all those stories. and that's before the amusing domestic tales like the fellow who got spaghetti jammed up his cock...

swiss said...

the cat!?

that should read the tank tho i'm much more taken by the image of a giant paper mulch handling industrial cat...

Elmo said...

Swiss - thats awful (and thanks by the way I was eating my lunch reading that).....
to think these people get paid such shit money and risk their lives every day working with dangerous machinery...

Radge said...

Disclaimer: Radge takes no responsibility for Swiss-induced lost lunches.

swiss said...

only if you've been at the dodgy kebabs - these are the small beer of war stories.

even then, for proper sickeners i have to doff my cap to my mate who used to collect bodies down in london. now he really did have some stomach churning tales!

goldmaster said...

If a young goat fell into a vat of molten white chocolate could you call it "The milky bar kid"